Translate

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Welcome to a New Chapter

When I started this blog roughly two and a half years ago, I made it my goal to document my transition from college student to independent adult. Though I've skipped a few weeks here and there (last week for example for a quick trip down to Disney World), I've somehow managed to keep up with my weekly posts. Some weeks were tougher than others.

Wish I was still here instead of under 21 inches of snow.

Tomorrow is a big day for me. Not because I have to dig my car out of a huge snow drift (though that will require a lot of strength). No, tomorrow, is the my first day at my new job.

Its another big change after a very long list of changes that have happened in this past year. Then again, what is life if not a series of changes? I made the transition from college to the work force. I survived moving from Maryland to New Jersey by myself. I've learned to live with a roommate again. All changes that I have faced.

Thinking about tomorrow (because I'm always over thinking), I am very much reminded of my feelings leading up to my first day at my first job out of college. I remember wondering if my new coworkers would like me. If I was ready for this position. Or if I had imagined the whole thing and I hadn't actually been hired. (This is just the short list).

I've already committed myself to this change. I just have to remember to calm down a breath. Am I scared? Sort of. I'm more anxious than scared. If there's one thing I know about myself, it's that I like the familiar. Starting a new job at a new company, moving from one state to another, making friends are examples of things that aren't familiar. I just need to square my shoulders, walk with confidence, and be prepared to learn.

I might not be the best at handling change, but I can act like I can. A few deep breaths and a calm mind will get me ready for anything. A great outfit helps too.

If you enjoyed this post (or it really pissed you off) please like, share, and/or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope you guys like hearing from me. Here's a picture from Harry Potter World.

I'm going to Hogwarts!

Apparently Jurassic Park is near Hogwarts!

Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment