Translate

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Welcome To Boxes Everywhere

Happy Mother's Day everyone. Did you hug your mom or mother figure today? If you aren't nearby did you remember to call? I got to spend a few days with my mom and sister this year, which was nice.

Originally they were coming to help me unpack and organize a bit. Instead we watched moves and went to Sleepy Hollow. It was nice to relax and enjoy each other's company.

I did feel a little bad though that my new place was very messy with boxes and bags everywhere. I honestly didn't know where half of my things were and it's very frustrating. I've been trying to go through at least one box a day.



Going through at least one box a day is a little more manageable than staring at the very large stack of boxes. Sure I have no idea where anything is, so it's always a mystery when I pull the tape off of the box. It's almost like opening Christmas presents.

Getting rid of the boxes is equally difficult, if only because you have to take them to a separate location because the garbage men won't take them. It adds a slightly higher level of frustration. I can't wait to have a nice clean apartment completely box free.

If I were to add any other advice while unpacking it would be to take breaks every now and again. Moving takes a lot of energy and taking a minute to sit down and relax helps balance out the strain of looking for that one item that you need right this instant.

Until next week...

If you enjoyed this post (or it really pissed you) please like, share, and/or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope you guys like hearing from me. Now where did I put my scissors?

No comments:

Post a Comment