Translate

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Welcome to another new home

I moved into my new apartment roughly two weeks ago. Though there's still a lot of things out of place, I have managed to unpack most of my boxes. I've also been making a list of things I still need to get (like a kitchen table).

My new apartment is on the second floor of a very old house. My landlady lives on the first floor of the house with her three dogs. I have a living room, bedroom, kitchen, and a bathroom. I also have some attic space for storage. It's not huge, but it feels big.

According to my landlady' son, the house is one of the original to the town I moved to. At one time the first floor of the house was a bakery and the second floor was where the family lived. It was once a part of the downtown area. Now the main road seems to over the train tracks and the house is in more of a residential area. It's still pretty busy though because of the train station across the street.

The apartment has a lot of character.

The town I've moved to was established in 1919. It's not really that old when you think about it. It wasn't even around when my grandfather's house was built (which was anywhere from the late 1880s to the early 1900s). Many of the houses on my street are two family homes or look like they were originally shops. The roads are narrow and a few are one way only. It is also quieter than my last town.

I don't know what the future holds in store for me, but I am content with my choices in the present. I can't wait to get everything set up and organized (like the spice rack). I also want to learn more about the house and town I'm living in. The town is no here near as large as the last place I live, nor is it as spread out as the town I lived in in Maryland. There is a main street with a few stores and restaurants. There are plenty of places to walk to.



Who knows what kinds of adventures I'll have here.

If you enjoyed this post (or it really pissed you off), please like, share, and/or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope you guys like hearing from me. Until next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment