Translate

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Welcome To Desicion Time

Did I make the right one?

Happy Easter everyone. I've always found this both a strange and happy holiday (though I still don't get the Easter Bunny delivering eggs...it just doesn't make sense). I had a crazy busy day after a five hour drive yesterday, but I'm home for now.

Last weekend I made a huge decision, where I will live starting in May for at least the next six months. It was both nerve racking and exciting. Part of me is relieved that I found a place. Another part of me is still trying to figure out if moving at all is the right one. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like my job and the new office is great. I'm just worried about what will happen next. I don't know if I'll enjoy being so far away from where I grew up and the only area I've ever really known. I'll be far from friends and most of my family (though I do have some cousins near my new place in New Jersey). It's different, very different.

I found a roommate up in in New Jersey as well. The apartment is really cool and right in the middle of a small village or town (I'm not exactly sure what it is.). There are a lot of cool places to explore and the train to New York City is in the middle of town.

This is a great opportunity and, from what I hear, change is good. But I still have a lot of questions.

Will I easily make new friends?

How often will I see my family and friends?

Will the traffic be as bad as DC?

Why can't I pump my own gas in Jersey?

Will I ever come back?

Maryland isn't all that different from Northern Virginia (heck, Baltimore sometimes resembles a DC suburb). I'm not that far from my friends I grew up with and I've made some great new ones. 

Will I ever come back to DC is probably the hardest question. I'll always come around for a visit, but I don't know if I can really come back. DC is always changing and for all I know, I'll return to a completely different city. I don't think there is a "going back" for me. I can only move forward. 

I'll check in next week.

If you enjoyed this post, or it really pissed you off, please like, share or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope y'all like hearing from me. Until next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment