Translate

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Welcome To Driving In The Rain At Night

Its a better metaphors for the future than I Thought

So I just got home (yeah I know, way after my bed time for a Sunday) and its raining. It's dark, hard to see the road and everyone seems to loose the ability to make good driving decisions. It can be a really stressful and I have to be able to react at a moments notice. Driving fast is also not an option as the chance of an accident greatly increases. This is not much like trying to plan for the future.


I have a very limited idea as to where I will be and what I will be doing six months, let alone a week, from now. Oh I can sort of visualize a few things that are coming up (moving to NJ is now set in stone), but I don't know if the universe is going to change directions, go into a tight curve and have me go over the edge of a cliff. 

I really hope not, but I don't put anything past the universe anymore. It loves to mplay so with me. All I can do is hope that I react in time to prevent disaster.

After many years of driving experience, driving at night in a torrential downpour doesn't faze me. However moving far away from the two cities I grew up around does. It's new and strange. I don't feel like I'm in control of my life.

I just have to take a deep breath, pay attention and trust my instincts (they're usually right). Wish me luck. I'll check in next week. It will be my last in post in Maryland.

If you enjoyed this post (or it really pissed you off) please like, share, or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope you like hearing from me. Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment