Translate

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Welcome To Fun Facts

Because I am a wealth of useless information...

I enjoy history, but it can be dull and dry. That's why there are fun facts. They can take the form of amusing events, strange coincidences and even the most epic of fails to deserve Darwin Awards. Fun facts can be interesting and great conversation starters. 

For example the northern most palm tree on the East coast (and possibly in general, but I'd have to fact check that) is in Williamsburge VA. They apparently don't like snow. I hope it had a scarf for this past winter.


What does this have to do with have to do with my life (I.e. Why is this a blog post). Well, I'm about to pack up my whole life and move four hours north. One of my favorite ways to get to know an area is to learn the local quirks. 

A fun fact about New Jersey is that you can't pump your own gas. This is both frustrating and costly, but at least I don't have to leave my nice warm car in the winter anymore.

Things like how or when a building was built or the reason a town is laid out the way it is all help me to get to know a place. They can be fun, spooky, and maybe even a bit scandalous. It can be worth while when showing off the new neighborhood.

Hopefully by next week spring will have actually arrived and we can spend some time outside. Until next week.

If you enjoyed this post (or it really pissed you off), pleas like, share, or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope you guys like hearing from me. Now go out and find some fun facts about your hometown and share them. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment