Translate

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Welcome To Fan Perils

Happy Forth of July weekend everyone! Yes, Independence Day was on Friday. I got to set off legal fireworks for my glorious audience and have a wonderful dinner prepared for by my sister. She is an excellent cook and made a truly American meal of pulled pork and corn on the cob on the grill.

Yesterday I was with my roommate and their sig fig (significant other). We got along well and traded anime and Youtube shows to watch. Attack on Titan is my current passion (got my sister involved) and we were trying to get my roommate more into it. We had several adventures and trolled a few people online. I also proved what a nut case I am about my favorite characters.

*Warning Fan On Rampage!

Speaking of favorite characters, I saw Transformers 4 today. Once I left the theater incredibly pissed off. If it wasn't for my agreement to go see them with one of my friends, I would have skipped it. I am angry and not just because the teenaged girl was only ere for eye candy and completely useless. Honestly if you want good Transformers watch Transformers Prime (everything we ever believed about Starscream is true!) or invest in the comics (at least Prowl is in them).

*End Of Fan Rant

Sorry I just really needed to get that out of my system. If you haven't noticed yet, I am a bit of a fan for certain works of fiction. It's a good way to relax and get involved with other people. I mean I did join an anime club and have finally started doing some cosplay. Believe it or not fanfiction also helps with the stress and practice writing fiction for an audience.

It just sucks when someone (Michael Bay) messes with your fandom. I just hope TMNT turns out okay.

To be fair not everyone understands fans like me (and I'm not even one of the really crazy ones), but we all have passions. My Japanese cousins tend to think that I'm a crazy otaku (it's more of a joke now than anything) and I'm okay with that. It's an outlet much like sports fanatics. In fact the word fan comes from the word fanatic. Most of you probably already knew that.

It's what I need to keep me entertained. It expands and influences my imagination. How else am I supposed to make reality stranger than fiction. I have to improve upon things that have already been thought of.

If you enjoyed this post, or it really pissed you off please share or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers (even the international ones I'll use google translate even if it is a horrible service) and hope you guys enjoy reading about my struggles (and hopefully learning from them). Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment