Translate

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Welcome To One Year Anniversaries

 This past week and this upcoming week are two important mile stones for me (or at least I think they're two important miles stones). The first was me moving out of my parent's house. The second starting my first "adult" job.

My readers might have also noticed that I had not posted anything last week. Let me tell you guys, it's been a very rocky two weeks and this one does not look to be all that smooth either. However I am still grateful for what I have accomplished in one year's time. I almost want to do a recap, but that would be uninformative and (honestly) a bit dull.

I'm not even sure what to write about this. Some of my recently graduated friends and friends going into their senior year of college have asked me a few questions. Like if I've managed to stay in touch with my psudo sorority sisters at all (I keep in touch on occasion). I've been asked if I enjoy what I'm doing. How it feels to be an "adult". Do you like being in a completely new environment (that's a bit more technical than the actual  questions).

Honestly, most of the questions I can sum up with, its different or fine. A lot of people seem to think I'm on some grand adventure, but its really not all that exciting. Yeah there have been my freakout moments. I think my problems with the toilet have stopped for now. I've definatly learned to read the fine print of anything sent to me. I'm also less prone to flipping out if anything happens in my apartment.

So I have grown and matured, a little bit. I still watch Saturday morning cartoons and Lets Plays of horror video games (totally recomend Erik vanWilderman if you don't mind his swearing and crude humor).

I'm also writing more. My goal is to have a draft of one novel by the end of this year (might up that to Thanksgiving, but hey it's my goal). My other goal is to save as much as I can because I want to either travel on my own for a bit (yeah great career move there) or try to start a business or something  while on the road (I'll never have a vacation again).

I've also managed to make some great friends along the way both at church and in my anime club. They're a lot of fun to hang out with when I can. Heck I'm even going to an Os game next week.  It will be great!

I think what the one year anniversary really means for me is that, yes I can do this, now do it again only better. I have to keep moving forward and I have to keep testing my limits. That's all this means. I'm glad to have a great support system in place, even if I forget to use them (which is bad of me).

If you enjoyed this post (or you really hated it) kindly comment or share with your friends, family or worst enemy. I love hearing from my readers (and I know you all are there), so let me know what you all think. Until next week.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your successes and congrats on your failures...that is where the true learning occurs. Most of all congrats on still being YOU through all these trials and tribulations. You have not lost one bit of yourself in the process of "growing up" in fact you are now an even better version of YOU.

    ReplyDelete