Translate

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Welcome To Taking Chances

I like routine. It is both a blessing and a flaw. I don't particularly care for change and will put up a fight when faced with it. I'm on the shy side of the personality spectrum and need lots of down time between each human contact. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I will admit that I do occasionally like taking changes.

For the most part, the changes I take don't have the worst consequences. It usually just involves me seeing if something will happen and if it does that's great. If nothing happens I would go home and bemoan the loss of gas and time spent not doing something productive.

Today I went to church. This wasn't all that unusual as I try to go whenever I am home (so most weekends). This week I found out there was a pick up soft ball game after the service. So I went. It was a lot of fun and afterwards I went to a party with the players. I wasn't expecting being social today, but it was well worth it and I think I've made some new friends.

Another chances I took was signing up to go to a baseball game on a Wednesday. I'm not sure yet if I will have to be away for work that night, but I thought, what the heck I might as well sign up. Hopefully I will be there for the game. It sounds like a lot of fun and I'm paying money for it. If I have to pay money then I want to enjoy what I'm paying for.

However taking changes does not always go well. I try to minimize these experiences and I don't particularly feel like sharing any on this blog (read: typically ending with me really embarrassed), but I think it's important to take chances. You never know what will happen and it could turn out well.

If you enjoyed or it really pissed you off this blog, please share with your friends family or worst enemies. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Thank you, until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment