Translate

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Welcome Back to NoVa

I’m still reeling from all the changes going on in my life right now. Today’s post is gonna be very short - just a quick update really.



It’s been a few week since my last post and in that time a lot of things have changed in my life. I’ve started a new job and relocated to my childhood home of NoVa - Northern Virginia to the non-DMV resident.

Sick of the acronyms yet?

The DMV - as in DC, Maryland, and Virginia - is a lot different from norther New Jersey. Our accents are a lot softer, our roads are a lot wider, and New Jersey lefts aren’t really a thing (I’m not explaining that one).

In many ways I feel like little has changed since I was last in the area. In many other ways, I feel completely out of the loop. DC (only tourists call it Washington) runs everything here and most people have some connection to the city.

Things are much more laid back here, but people are also a lot less likely to tell you exactly what they think. Secrets are the biggest industry in the nation’s capitol - not that I have any. I’m also not really looking forward to the hot and muggy summer months.

 It overall things are fine.

I admit, I miss my friends in New Jersey and my apartment. My new place is nice and a bit bigger than the last, but it’s missing some of the charm of living in a house over a century old. I miss being within spitting distance from a train station. The quiet nights take some getting used to. I miss the mountains and the hiking trails where I saw my first bear.

But I like my new home. I’m hoping to start doing some volunteer work soon - maybe work with animals and plants. There are a lot of nice walking trails and I’m a lot closer to some of my favorite places in the world (the Shenandoah anyone).

I’m back in the DMV. I’m back in NoVa. I hope to not be living out of boxes by the end of the month.

It’s the start of a new adventure in a familiar area, but things have changed - I’ve changed - so it’s not really going home.

If you enjoyed this post (or it really pissed you off) please, like, share and/or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope y’all like hearing from me.

Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment