Translate

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Welcome To Daylight Savings Time

Arguably on of the worst days of the year, Daylight Savings Time is both cruel and nice to have. So we lost an hour of sleep last night, but we get to have an extra hour of sleep in the fall. And despite the fact that it's now darker in the morning, we get a whole extra hour of sunlight in the evening. Seriously, why don't we just have our time zone set to "Daylight Savings Time" all year round? It would certainly make life easier for those of us who have a hard enough time sleeping already.

But what is far more important about loosing an hour of sleep last night is that it's finally going to get warmer! Yep Spring is just arose md the corner. No more snow storms, ice will be a thing of the past and I can finally turn off my heater!

This year I have a few plans (besides moving).

- I'm going to plant a window garden. I got these really nice vases or candle holders (I'm not actually sure what they are) and I'm going to plant herbs in them. My pet cactus will finally have some company.

- Go to an amusement park. I have a need for speed and riding some rollercoasters will drive away the last of my winter blues.

- Go wine/beer tasting. I am in need for some new flavores and possible road trip.

- Spring cleaning. Wait why is this on my list...oh right now that winter is done for I need to freshen up my place for when people come by to hang out. I hope I don't find anymore spiders.

So thank you Daylight Savings Time. You might be the worst thing ever dreamed up (along with jet lag and insomnia)for the next week, but at least warm sunny weather is just around the corner. I just hope nothing floods too badly during the melt down.

Until next week.

If you enjoyed this post, or it really pissed you off, please like share, or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope you guys like hearing from me. Enjoy more sunshine in the evenings.


No comments:

Post a Comment