Translate

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Welcome to a New Year!

Happy 2017 everyone!



I don't know if I am the only one who thinks this, but 2016 went by a lot faster than I expected. It was an eventful year for me. Hopefully 2017 slows down a bit (or at least enough for me to notice that two months have gone by). It's funny how time seems to be flying by a lot more quickly since I left school.

Looking back on everything that happened to me in 2016, I would probably say the theme of the year was of becoming a braver person. There were a lot of times where I was really nervous about doing something (like going to Iceland), but had to get over my fears and do it.

The new year is a time to look towards the future. I myself have a very long list of things I would like to do, but in reality probably won't get to for a few years yet. A New Years Resolution might be help me get on track (something like meditate more, keep everything organized, or clean more).

But what is it that I want to accomplish in 2017?

There are many things. I'd love to finish writing my second novel (and perhaps even edit this one too). I'd like to travel more. I'd like to publish a few short stories I've written. I'd like to have fun (but not so much fun that I forget to work hard too). I'd like to meet new people and explore more of the world around me. I'd like to spend some time with family. I want a self cleaning home. There are a lot of things I want from this year.

But there is only so much I can do in a year (same as a life time) and I need to prioritize my needs and wants. Some things I might not get to until 2018. Some things I might never get to (not for lack of trying).

A year seems like a long time, but it isn't really. Hopefully 2017 will be a memorable year full of good times and crazy adventures for all of us.

If you enjoyed this post (or it really pissed you off) please like, share, and/or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope y'all like hearing from me. Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment