Translate

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Welcome to Independence

Tomorrow is America's birthday! Or at least our founding fathers signed a document declaring us independent from our parent country England on the 4th of July. Still it's time to celebrate our independence.



I will likely spend the day watching the movies 1776 and Independence Day (the one from the 90s with Will Smith). I might catch the fireworks show, but it really depends on if I want to walk over to the park or not.

Having independence is a great thing. I love being independent from my parents. I make my own rules and don't have to answer to anyone except myself. Though paying my own bills and being the only person responsible for the chores isn't fun.

At first independence from my parents was a lot of fun. Of course my first real taste of independence was in college. I still had the responsibilities of a student, but my parents were still supporting me in more ways than one. I am extremely grateful for that and recognize that for others it sometimes isn't possible.

After I graduated, my whole world seemed to change. My responsibilies increased exponentially, but I had even more freedom than before. Balancing the two is hard work and a little scary at times.

At least now I know what to do when my toilet starts shooting water onto the ceiling in the middle of the night.

I'm still growing as a person (much like the United States is growing as a nation). I know there will be more good and bad times. Hopefully I'll know what to do when crazy things happen.

Now I'm going to celebrate being independent.

Until next week.

If you enjoyed this post (or it really pissed you off), please like, share and/or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope you guys like hearing from me. Happy American Independence Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment