Translate

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Welcome to Fall Leaves

They're everywhere!



I think the 60s and 70s really missed an opportunity for a pile of leaves to be a monster in a B movie. I mean, who knows what could happen if you get caught in a pile of leaves and they certainly get everywhere. I've had to clean my car out because of all the leaves at least once a week since they started to fall.

Brightly colored leaves are a factor of fall. When I was younger raking the leaves was one of the worst chores I could be assigned. It took forever and the leaves would be back by the end of the week. Jumping in the leaves was fun. I could pretend I was diving off to a new world like in Alice in Wonderland. I'm grateful I don't have a front lawn.

Bag of leaves were also often used as a Halloween decoration. People would buy these big orange bags with jack'o'lanturn faces on them. A few people would even jump out of the piles of leaves while we were trick or treating (maybe it was their way of cheating us of our candy).

I love the colors. Bright yellows, lush oranges, and fired reds make the whole world seem to glow. It's comforting and makes me excited for all the tastie foods. Sure the days are really short (especially in New Jersey), but when the sun is out its a prefect picture.

To deal with all of the leaves, I try to keeps a broom or vacuum cleaner handy. I don't know how many times I've dragged leaves into our apartment or have found a few stuck in my hair while I've been washing it. A quick vacuum gets most of the leaves up.

Fall is definitely my favorite time of year, even if it has it's annoying quirks. I'm actually about to make baked apples (hull out the middle of an apple, add brown sugar and butter, bake u Gil tender and you have a delectable dessert).

Until next week.

If you enjoyed this post (or it really pissed you off) please like, share, or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope you guys like hearing from me. Now about those baked apples...

No comments:

Post a Comment