Translate

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Welcome to the Parking Wars

I Guess I'm S. O. L.

Ridgewood is a really cool town. There is no denying that. I love the fact that I can walk to a coffee shop at 9pm, take a train to New York or the airport without paying huge fees, and seeing all the cool events that happen in the park (Halloween celebrations are starting up).



If there was one major draw back about this town, it's parking. Not only are there limited spaces, they also have limited times or (even worse) meters. For the most part, I don't have to worry about parking. I only really think about it when people are coming to visit. My current solution is to have people who visit me park at my office since there isn't any guest parking at my apartment.

Growing up in the DC suburbs and then living outside of Baltimore, I was spoiled by the amount of easy parking. It was only if I went within 5 or so miles of th city that it became a problem and even then I could get creative in getting around those restrictions. Not so in Ridgewood.



Parking has become a huge issue in the village. So much so, that a few months ago I started noticing a flyers going up around town. It called the "Vote Yes on Parking" campaign. There was no other information available. So I decided to do a little digging.

Apparently someone who owns one of the parking lots in town wants to turn it into a garage. This would be helpful if it increased the number of parking spaces available. It doesn't seem to for those of us who live in town. The town government also wants to increase the meter times from 6pm to 9pm and there is still no free overnight street parking. At least this is the information I've been able to track down.

I continue to pray to the parking gods that there will be a favorable solution. As of right now, I'm glad I usually have a place to park. It is just another thing to stress me out on my long list of things that stress me out.

Until...wait next weekend is Halloween! Oh boy! It's the best day of the year. Maybe I'll finally see a ghost or a vampire (not one that is sparkly). I'm gonna get ready by reading Uzumaki. It's about a town infected by spirals. I know what you guys are thinking, spirals aren't scary. You guys would be wrong, very very wrong.

If you enjoyed this post or it really pissed you off, please like, share or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope you guys like hearing from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment