Translate

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Welcome to Frustration

When nothing goes your way.



I will be the first to admit, that I tend to learn things the hard way. This can be very frustrating. I want things to go smoothly, but it's not always that easy.

In math, learning things the hard way is actually quite practice. It makes it easier to identify short cuts in equations and solve problems a lot faster over time. The way people  work is not the same way as equations. I have to constantly adapt to different people's styles and personalities to get similar results.while one person might get back to me right away, another might take a whole week to respond.

Personally, I don't like this kind of inconsistency. I live for stability and patterns. Humans aren't that great at either of those two things. Just because change is a constant, doesn't mean I have to like it, only accept it.

When my stress levels are through the roof, my frustration levels go off th charts. Yes, these are too different things. I can be frustrated about the fact that I am suffering from writers block, but not stressed out about it. On the flip side, I can be stressed about getting to a place on time, but not frustrated since nothing is preventing me from being on time.

Does that make sense?

The way I combat frustration is similar to how I deal with stress:

1) Knitting - it soothes the soul and helps me calm down. The repetitive nature of knitting is soothing and I feel like I'm being productive.

2) Medetation - It helps me focus on what I can control vs. what I can't change. Since I'm not able to make other people do what I need to, I have to learn to accept that fact. Meditation helps with understanding my feelings and accepting them.

3) Writing - if I can't control my world, I might as well control someone else's (even if the characters aren't real). I am able to put myself in a different pair of shoes to see a different perspective.

These things work for me, but there are other ways people can cope with being frustrated. I recommend sharing them on social media. Shout it out with a hash tag. Sometimes it is good to take th see things out.

If you enjoyed this post, or it really pissed you off, please like, share or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope you guys like hearing from me. Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment