Translate

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Welcome To Sudden Change

It's never when you expect it...

I have heard the saying that "change is good". I don't know how true it is, but I've always thought of change as something that was different. Not necessarily good, not necessarily bad, just different. And, though I hate admitting it, I also don't like really like change. It throws me off.

Don't get me wrong. I think change is fun every once and a while. Small changes allow for new experiences and  great memories (most of the time). It's when there are a lot of big changes that things start to make my eye twitch.

Over the past few weeks there have been some major changes at my office. Major changes as in my company is closing this office location and wants to move me to a several hours north into a new state completely. This is like running at full speed and then suddenly hitting a brick wall. It's a shock to your systems that forces you to suddenly stop and take a look at what's around you.



Technically I knew this was coming. It had been likely to happen for a while. Thankfully I'm not loosing my job. I'd be freaking out right now if I was, but it's still a very big change. And this is a lot different then when I first moved to start this job.

It's a big change. There are a lot of things I have to think about. How will I move all of my stuff? Where will I live? How / Will I have to find a new roommate? Will I fit in at this new office? I have a lot of questions that need to be answered and some of them won't be until I go up there.

I'm taking all of this one step at a time. Hopefully I'll have more answers when it does come time to pack up my stuff. Until then I'm going back to doing research on my future home. Until next week.

If you enjoyed this post (or it really pissed you off) please like, share, or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope you guys like hearing from me as well. If you guys have questions let me know. Thank you for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Change can be scary at first. I think it is that way for many of us. They say the hardest phase of change is dealing with the unknown, which is where you are now. Once you know what is changing and when it will happen I hope you will embrace it as part of the adventure that is life! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think this will be a fun and unique adventure for me.

      Delete