Translate

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Welcome To Technology

It's Everywhere...






Today my mother and I went to Best Buy to help her buy a new computer and printer. Though I'm not partial to the store, I will admit they have a better variety and knowledge than other stores. I prefer to go to smaller computer stores who have people who work on computers almost daily. However, I will admit that they can be very helpful the less tech-savvy. I am also not actually very tech-savvy, I just like reading up on the latest stuff that's coming out to know what's out there as a good investment

Anyway, mom and I started looking at the different laptops when one of the guys dressed in blue shirts came over. He was showing my mom around and she was asking a few questions. That's kind of when I started interrupting, like a lot.

In fact the the sales guys would occasionally just let me explain to my mom what to buy. My mom thought it was hilarious. I started going off about which processors are a better investment for what she is doing versus gaming and programing, etc. I also started talking to a few of the guys about different math classes I've taken and used in connection to working in different programing languages.

I was enjoying seeing the latest laptop models on the market. Almost everything I saw was touch screen technology. All of the models could double as a laptop and a tablet. On some level I kind of miss just having the standard laptop option. Yes, they're bigger and a lot heavier, but I feel like they have the processing power that I need. Then again, that might like someone who worked with computers in the 1960s looking at the computers they were selling in the 1990s and saying "don't you need a whole room of hardware to do that kind of processing?"

Clearly I'm still stuck in the early 2000s.

If I had my mom with me while writing this post, I'm sure she'd be looking over my shoulder telling me about how I missed all the funny conversations and more proof that I am in fact a NERD. It didn't help that we spent nearly two hours in Best Buy debating the merits of what kind of processing power she'll need for future events that are still up in the air.

I also really really want to upgrade my laptop now. And quire possibly take apart my very first laptop (not the one I currently use). I'm very curious to see it's parts up close.

If you enjoyed this post or it really pissed you off, please like, share, or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and getting your opinions on my success and failures. This whole 'adult' life is way too stressful for what it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment