Translate

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Welcome To The Reunion

We'll see you again next year...


First I would like to say Happy Shark Week! I honestly miss the years my family would go to the South Jersey shore the week after it aired.

Today was my grandfather's family reunion. This was unfortunately our first year since his passing back in October that we were all together. It was pretty small this year, not a lot of children. I think it was because so many of use have moved away. I have cousins ranging from Boston all the way to Alaska. 

Anyway, what's important is that we all meet at this park in the city of Catasaqua. We have a huge picnic   lunch, have our annual meeting, play a few games and then head out. It's a lot of fun. Even if things are changing.




There's an old creek (it's actually a crick, but not many people outside of the region are familiar with that term) that's now dried up close by the picnic area. We used to play in it, catching small fish and bugs. We used to splash around and then run back to our parents for dessert.



There's also a playground and swimming pool. It was a rare summer we went to the pool, but we were always running around the play ground. There's an old merry go round, probably one of the last since they're considered dangerous, that my cousin whose four months older than me and I would spin as hard as we could to make the younger kids sick. The adultery were never happy when we did that.

In years past my family would go to Dorney or Hershey  Park and ride roller coaster. We didn't this year, but that was mainly because I am working and my sister is off on another adventure. Some days I wish I could relive those days. It was a lot of fun getting my (then) 70 year old cousin on the rides.

If you enjoyed this post, or it really pissed you off, please like, share or comment. I love hearing from my readers. I hope you enjoy these posts and the crazy things I have learned. Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment