Translate

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Welcome To Not Having Plans

So, if last week I wrote about how I like to have a plan, then it only makes sense to write about not having any plans this week. Right?



Though it's not really a secret (or at least I don't deny this fact), but since I graduated from college and got my first job, I haven't made any definite life plans. Oh I'll make short term plans, like where I want to go on vacation. I just haven't made any milestone plans.

Things like, getting married, buying a house, starting my own business, or taking over the world just aren't on my radar right now. They seemed really far away concepts.

Heck I don't even know "what I want to be when I grow up" still. Do I want to stay in research, try to become a successful author, should I try being a digital nomad? I don't know. I can't seem to figure out what my goals are.

Which means I can't make any long term plans to reach those goals.

That's a little scary.

I lack direction. I'm unsure of myself. I don't know what I want.

When I was still in elementary school, I made a goal to go to four year university. By the time I had finished middle school I had narrowed down which school I wanted to go to. As I went through high school, I made plans so that I would go to the college of my choice.

And I did.

When I got to college, I set the goal to graduate on time and get a job. Despite a few minor setbacks, I was able to do that too. I was able to do that by knowing what I wanted and planning out how to get that. I of course had a lot of help along the way.

Now I don't know what I want. Which means I can't make any plans.

I guess I just have to take life one step at a time until I can figure out what I want. Hopefully I don't take too long to figure it out. I like having a plan.

Until next week.

If you enjoyed this post (or it really pissed you off) please like, share, and/or leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers and I hope you guys like hearing from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment