Translate

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome To New People




          Happy fall equinox everyone! It is officially my favorite season with all my favorite flavors. Pumpkin spice lattes here I come. Now hopefully I don’t go broke after I run out of my Starbucks gift cards. Now for the movie specials to start again, I miss the Disney Channel Original Fall Movies. They were usually a little on the cheesy side, but still better than anything they have been producing in the last five or so years (heck more like ten years). Also pumpkin beer is awesome.
A lot of things happened this week. The guy who lived above me, I mentally called him Mysterious Footstep Man because I could hear him walking around, moved out. I never did get to make him brownies. Maybe I will meet the next person or people who live there. I discovered the show Sleepy Hollow. It looks pretty cool, it has me interested. I also went on a picnic date (major blush).
                The date was awesome, but since this is cyberspace I will not be giving too many details. Anyway, we went to a park not too far away and found a picnic area. All of the food was great and the weather held out (though we were under a covered pavilion). Not too long after we started eating, another couple sat down to picnic at the table next to ours. We started talking and eventually it lead to us sharing food.
                They thought we were sweet and offered for us to try some of their crabs and shrimp. We accepted and offered for them to try our barbeque. For the record we had a ton of barbeque that there was just no way we were going to finish along with several other side dishes, so we offered for them to try some. It was all delicious. We then started comparing notes on the best barbeque and seafood. We all agreed that there is nothing like crabs from Maryland, other states just do not know how to do it.
                They then asked us about how long we had been dating. We told them about a month and they told us the story of how they met. Apparently the husband had had a roommate dating his wife’s sister. He showed up one day to pick up the sister for his roommate and met his future wife. Her initial reaction to him (asking for her sister): “why would you want to talk to her?”  It was pretty funny. They had been living near where I live now and eventually had come back to the area.
                It is interesting how small a world it was for us to meet them. They were fun to talk to. They had been married for twenty six years and had only dated for three months before they tied the knot. That was the only part that was a little awkward. We were both blushing by the end of the conversation. I hope we run into them again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment