Translate

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Welcome to a Childhood Dreams

In the early 2000s there was a TV show on the Travel Channel called "Great Hotels" hosted by Samantha Brown. My sister and I loved the show for a variety of reasons. Some of our favorite episodes included her trips to the Disney Hotels where she also got to check out one of the parks, any time she went to Hawaii, and her trip to The Hotel Hershey where she spent the day at the Hershey Spa.


As soon as I saw the Hershey Spa episode, I knew that one day I would have to go and be drenched in chocolate.

This past weekend, I got to fulfill that dream with a friend of mine.

It was amazing.

Though we didn't get to stay at the beautiful 1933 Spanish and Italian influenced hotel (or as my dad calls it: "an example of American Imperialism at it's finest"), we did spend an entire day at the Hershey Hotel Spa. One day I hope to stay at the hotel (if only so that I can go to their outdoor pool area and slide down the two water slides) and have the whole amazing experience, but there are only so many excursions I can do at the moment.


A day at The Hotel Hershey Spa was well worth saving up for. We decided to do one of their garden and herbal packages and ended with a lovely chocolate message. By the time I was finished, I was a happy pile of goo. Basically I had turned into butter on a fresh baked roll in July. Plus my skin is so soft, it's amazing.

The experience was so much more than I expected. Not to mention the muffins are some of the best I've ever tasted and I could eat as many as I wanted.

I admit that I could gush about the experience throughout this post and turn it into a free advertisement for Hershey, but that's not entirely the point.

This was a wish fulfillment that I've been dreaming about doing for years. To some people it might seem silly or unappealing, but not all dreams have to appeal to everyone. I have a lot of dreams and wishes I have on my Bucket List. When I tell people about them, sometimes they're very encouraging, other times I'm straight up told I'm a weirdo and asked why "anyone would want to do that?"

They're still my dreams and wishes - most of which I have to work very hard to fulfill.

It took me years before I was able to have a spa experience like this, but the little kid in me is extremely happy. I'm extremely fortunate and lucky and I hope to continue to cross those items off the Bucket List.

Even as the Bucket List gets longer and longer as time goes by.

Until next week.

If you enjoyed this post (or it really pissed you off) please like, share, and/or leave a message. I love hearing from my readers and I hope y'all like hearing from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment